Rapidly designed and developed the pre-acquisition production releases of the SkyBOOKS aviation management solution for a startup company. SkyBOOKS was first-to-market with a web-based, software-as-a-service solution that seamlessly integrated electronic aircraft flight log, pilot log, and maintenance log services - a single source solution for flight operations management and maintenance tracking. The SkyBOOKS business was quickly acquired by Textron and is operating successfully today.
A startup company had a vision for an innovative aviation management solution for the General Aviation industry. However, they lacked the technical resources to design, develop, and implement the software-as-a-service solution in an aggressive, speed-to-market timeframe. Aerospace Investments, LLC (SkyPLUS Technologies) trusted Infinite to assist them with this strategic venture that was successfully acquired by Textron.
Infinite worked with the SkyPLUS Technologies stakeholders to bring the SkyBOOKS solution vision to reality. Infinite quickly understood the data and workflow requirements for the system and successfully performed the following services within a very aggressive timeframe and budget:
- Designed a robust data model to plan and track operating and maintenance events (including the corresponding electronic documentation) across complex aircraft systems.
- Engineered a solution architecture for a web-based solution that integrated Enterprise Content Management (Open Text Livelink) with Document Capture/Indexing (EMC Captiva) into an asp.net web portal suite of custom applications.
- Developed and tested the custom software and system integration solutions using agile methods.
SkyBOOKS Web Portal (Microsoft Technologies)
- SQL Server
- Active Directory Services
- Visual Studio
Enterprise Content Management Platform
- Open Text "Livelink" – ECM Software Platform
- EMC "Captiva InputAccel" – Document capture, scanning, indexing, and OCR processing
Infinite achieved the following results for Aerospace Investments:
- Rapidly developed a working demo release of SkyBOOKS in 60 days that was used to secured additional funding for the venture.
- SkyBOOKS (initial general availability release) launched within 6 months of INFINTE start.
- SkyBOOKS first to market with a web-based, software-as-a-service solution that seamlessly integrated electronic aircraft flight log, pilot log, and maintenance log services - a single source solution for flight operations management and maintenance tracking.
- SkyBOOKS acquired by Textron. SkyBOOKS platform’s core foundation, engineered and built by Infinite, is still in place (over 7 years later) supporting thousands of users and aircraft.
To learn more about SkyBOOKS: http://www.skybooks.com